The doctoral programme officer books the necessary facilities for the duration of the course and registers the course in OPTIME and OODI. The room rents are excluded from the course budget if teaching is done in the University of Helsinki facilities. Please, do not make your own lecture room bookings for the courses!
The course organizer prepares the program. The doctoral programme will advertise the course to doctoral candidates in the doctoral programme(s) and the Doctoral School in Health Sciences (DSHealth). The course organizers are also encouraged to use their own targeted channels for further advertisement.
The course organizer invites and instructs speakers and lecturers. For travel arrangements, please contact CWT (email@example.com; +358 (0)205 615 635) and/or firstname.lastname@example.org should the doctoral program pay for the tickets directly. More information on travelling is available in Flamma.
Course page and Moodle area
When the course is created in WebOodi, a course page is generated in the university's Course Search. On the course page you can add course materials such as course program, links etc. On the course page, you can also create a Moodle area for the course. Moodle can be used to distribute course material, organize discussions, collect students’ assignments and inform about grades.
Doctoral candidates at the University of Helsinki are required to register to courses in WebOodi. Lecture and lab courses are aimed at the doctoral candidates of the UH. If there are seats available, other participants might be accepted.
- The course organizer and the doctoral programme agree on the number of credits before the start of the course. Course organizers should keep in mind that 1 ECTS equals 27 hours of work.
- The course organizer collects the participant lists daily during all course meetings. The course organizer approves credits for doctoral candidates who have fulfilled all course requirements.
- Grading should pass/fail, and the criteria should be informed in the beginning of the course.
- Course organizer may send the credits to be registered using Credit registration form (excel). Please fill in all information and send it to email@example.com and the doctoral programme can provide paper certificates for participants outside the UH
- Please note that the course results (grades or pass/fail) should be informed to students within one month after the course. The credits should be registered within one month after that.