Compliance with the relevant safety guidelines is required in all University facilities: hand hygiene must be observed, taking care that participants are able to avoid close contact with each other, protective face mask recommendation is followed in addition to which entering the campuses when ill is prohibited.
Contact instruction is organised on campuses for groups of a limited size, taking care that participants are able to avoid close contact with each other.
- A seating capacity in accordance with social distancing rules has been determined for all teaching facilities. Capacities are displayed in the following contexts:
- In facilities with fixed furniture, unavailable seats have been indicated.
- In facilities with mobile furniture, the ground rule is to use every other seat, always taking into consideration the maximum seating capacity determined for the facility. In certain facilities, extra chairs have been moved aside.
- Teaching in the autumn term has been planned so that contact instruction and examinations can be organised for groups of up to 50 students, taking into account the occupancy limits of the facilities and the valid safety guidelines. For compelling reasons, the response centres of faculties and other units providing teaching can increase the maximum number of students in groups.
- In addition to a teacher, the number of attendees in facilities must not exceed their maximum capacity.
- For the 2. teaching period the amount of contact instruction will be increased, whenever possible. (added 13.9.2021)
- Changes can be planned provided that the capacity of teaching facilities returns to normal.
- Contact instruction and on-site examinations can also be organised for groups of more than 50 students.
- Currently planned teaching times and dates will remain valid, and lectures for large student groups will be held online as planned.
- Safe social distancing in accordance with health and safety guidelines must be realised in practice in any events and meetings held at the University.
- The number of participants in events for more than 10 people held indoors on University premises cannot exceed 50% of the seating or standing room capacity available in normal circumstances. While there are no restrictions on participant numbers outdoors, organisers of events for more than 50 people must ensure that the participants avoid physical contact.
- To comply with the above guidelines, customers and participants as well as groups attending events must be able to avoid close contact with each other, while ensuring safety in accordance with the guidelines published on 31 May 2021 by the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
Signage, hand sanitiser and cleansing wipes
- Hand sanitiser is available at building entrances, in addition to which signage is employed to remind people of social distancing and good hygiene.
- The maximum seating capacity, based on social distancing rules, is indicated at all teaching facilities.
- Teaching facilities are equipped with hand sanitiser and, for cleaning keyboards, cleansing wipes.
- If a faculty has teaching facilities of its own for which a monthly fee is charged, they are responsible for seating capacity print-outs as well as any signage, hand sanitiser and cleansing wipes needed.
- Facility cleaning has been intensified.
- In the booking of facilities, teaching organised by the University will be given priority.
- External parties can book University premises. (updated 13.9.2021)
- Bookings are made according to normal procedure.
- The planning officers responsible for timetabling will make facility bookings related to teaching in conjunction with planning timetables. If the timetable or facility needs for a course you are teaching change, please contact the relevant timetable team.
- Instructions for bookings by doctoral candidates defending their doctoral thesis can be found in the Instructions for students.
- If teaching facilities are needed for activities other than teaching or public examinations of doctoral theses, please book the facility using Optime. If you need to change your booking, please contact the facility booking services (email@example.com).
- For external parties, please contact facility booking services (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone service Mon-Fri at 12-13, tel. 02941 24500)